What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon heated pitot probe with G3X system

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I?m building up a G3X system and happen to have a heated Dynon pitot probe. I don?t think there is any reason not to use it. I?m curious about the status line. Does anyone know what that status line does exactly? Any reason I should not use it with the garmin system? I?ll wire the status lead up to my gad27 as a discreet input.

Dynon Status

Go to Aircraft Spruce site for the Dynon Probe and they have a link to the Install Manual. It says the Status line sends a signal to activate a light whenever the Pitot Heat is either turned Off or Failed. I suspect your plan should work.

Go to Aircraft Spruce site for the Dynon Probe and they have a link to the Install Manual. It says the Status line sends a signal to activate a light whenever the Pitot Heat is either turned Off or Failed. I suspect your plan should work.
It sends a signal (ground connection) to the light if the pitot tube is turned on and not working(failed) so one of the discrete connection on GAD 27can be used for this. BTW, there was a recall for Dynon heated pitot tube, just in case you had not heard of it, you may want to check with them.

Last edited:
You might want to check on the compatibility of the Dynon pitot with the G3X Angle of Attack (AOA) input. I don't know if it will or won't work, but the AOA may be different between the two probes?

Back