What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RG Battery replacement for a Gill G-25?

idleup

Well Known Member
I am looking to replace a Gill G-25 and was wondering if there is a good Recombant Gas alternative to the G-25?

- Matt

Okay, I found a Gill G-25S that is a RG version of the G-25. Can I use it as a direct replacement?

- Matt

I am looking to replace a Gill G-25 and was wondering if there is a good Recombant Gas alternative to the G-25?

Why not use an Odyssey? Less weight, less $$$$, no acid, just need to add some padding to the battery box to take up the extra space.

It is for a Grumman Cheetah, not an RV. I want to use the closest direct replacement for the stock battery but in RG technology.

- Matt

Concord RG under STC

idleup said:
It is for a Grumman Cheetah, not an RV. I want to use the closest direct replacement for the stock battery but in RG technology.

- Matt

Matt... buy a Concord RG-25XC from your favorite supplier. It's covered under STC# SA01250WI and is a direct replacement in the Grumman plastic battery holder.

Call Concorde Battery at (800) 757-0303 for STC details. They will usually send you the paperwork for your Cheetah serial number for no charge, then talk your friendly AI into filling a Form 337 for you.

Since it's sealed, you don't have to worry about the plastic hose venting outside any more... :)

Did this on my Tiger, I couldn't see the need for wet acid in the engine compartment.

gil in Tucson

Last edited:
Back