What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sherwin williams primer and interior paint

PilotjohnS

Well Known Member
I am working on the fuselage and plan to primer the parts with Sherwin Williams P 60G2 wash primer. I plan a full interior but there are still bits that are exposed and need paint.

What primer/paint is compatible with the P60G2 wash primer?

I would like to use a 2 part paint such as Sherwin Williams JetFlex.

I plan to paint after assembly/riveting

I used PPG Concept on the interior, a single stage two part acrylic urethane and several other topcoats like Varithane brand. DP40, with chromate (no longer available) is a two part epoxy and worked well over P60G on spars etc...
Point being, I have had no adhesion or compatibility issues topcoating P60G.
SW claims ?compatible with a wide range of topcoats.?

Follow SW instructions and topcoat within the specified time.

P60G is a ?Wash Primer? intended to etch and ?provide a surface that promotes adhesion.? It is a common mistake to put it in too thick.

You can always try a test piece.

Jet flex

I did that very thing.
P60G2 primer and Jet Flex Solvent Based interior paint.
My e-mail address is in my signature below if you need info.

Jet Flex

I used Jet Flex over Akzo Nobel primer. It sprayed very easily, and result was excellent, especially for a novice painter. Had to buy a gallon, with reducer and catalyst.

Color is Blue Black, semi-gloss (L09027). One gallon, 2 quarts of reducer, and 1 pt. of catalyst ran me $311 from Alliance Coatings in El Cajon. Very quick delivery. Not sure how that compares, but the help and service was excellent.

Have a LOT remaining. Still have things to paint, but will use way less than half of what I have. Willing to part with half if anyone interested in dark grey. (Blue Black is not very accurate, I really can't detect any blue. Just a dark grey).

Good luck with your painting project.

Back