What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1626 lbs., EWCG= 7.7" aft of LE

Wayne Gillispie

Well Known Member
L=630, R= 636, N= 360. Full ifr panel, 925/680 bat in back, cloth seats, crow harn, painted int, unpainted ext, ba prop, d4a5 eng & 10 qt oil. First flight in a few weeks.

Wayne,
Thanks for inviting us to your hangar
for a 'show & tell' last weekend.
Your 10 looks great.

One question:
What took you so long?! {:)

Tom

Thanks Mike. We'll be out to see you after getting comfortable with longer than one hour rental flights with the family and a spring 2012 paint job.

Tom, I could get finished sooner if I didn't enjoy talking to all of you rv guys so much. Can hardly wait to get Ted and come and visit you guys too. I hope you guys know where all of the good airport restaurants are.

Keep finishing her up Wayne...

Sounds great to me. Here's what I got back back in mid-August:

1684 lbs 7.84 aft of LE

From there, it's very difficult to load outside of the acceptable range. Keep it coming!

B.

We plan on visiting you too next year. Hope you are enjoying your new baby.

Ken Scott said these numbers are right on for what I have. The yellow/wht vfr demo -10 is around 1595. So if one is under that I would recheck with different scales. I can haul the whole family and 99 lbs in the baggage area...Oshkosh here we come. Or 714 lbs of people, full fuel and no baggage.
Impossible for mine to get out fwd but as long as the bigger people sit up front and smaller in the back okay on the aft limit. I am going to a put 100 lbs of baggage for initial test flight.

Come over and visit when you have time.

WOW :eek: that is light.

We weighed in at 773lbs and I dare say its more now:rolleyes:

And I am now looking at a WX500 stormscope so a few more pounds to come. :eek:

Good job Wayne. You came in good and light, but I am most impressed with how fast you got there. I know you put in some long, long hours.

I ask my wife of 20 yrs in 2009 to make a honey-do list that takes care of the next two years. Checked off every item before bucking the first rivet. Took care of vehicle maintenance and mowing steeper areas of yard. 20 hours of tv per year for me, 1 hour per day online, no family vacations, ate out twice a year. I could not have done it without her! She helped buck a bunch of difficult areas. Kids removed all blue vinyl from entire kit in three weeks and marked every part. They loved making big balls out of it.

One of the biggest motivators for me was getting to go flying in Ted's -9A and Jim's -10. I plan to do the same for others once proficient. If I started getting burnt out, I would take a few days off then hit it again. Put in approx 20 hrs per week.

Another big motivator was renting.

Looking forward to some big trips soon. Keep at it...still wondering how I ever went from step 1 to 1626 lbs. and everything checked off.

$83/lb. to build, $1/min. for fuel, $844/kt. at cruise, first trip with the family...priceless.

Back