What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a pic of your FINISHED RV-7/7A!!!

Ralph, Ray does have the SJ plenum. IO360, AirFlow FM150, Vertterman trombone exhaust, 1 Pmag, and several other goodies.
Tom

Here is my slow built RV-7A. I got it flying back in October 2015, and just got it painted this month. It only took 15 yrs to get to this point, but it is such a joy to fly that the time was worth it! I assisted John Stahr with the painting where I could, and had him add airbrushed art to the wingtips, and the tail which is of Yosemite and Mt Hood to reflect on my other hobby, mountaineering. Fuel stops are taking a bit longer now ;)

48708888928_19dc286852_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those look to be 7-inchers; I was doing some layout with the 10-inch paper mock-ups, and there is no way you'll get that much space in the center area with 10-inchers.

Very nice panel!

They are 10" screens. I cut the panel myself and each has about 1/8" at the top to clear the left and right supports behind the panel.

Under the hood is a O-360-A4M upgraded, as Tom pointed out, with AFP fuel injection and a P-Mag. Once I am comfortable with this setup, I may go to dual P-Mags or a SDS CPI to replace the left, non-impulse mag.

I am having some trouble with CHT on the #4 cylinder but so far manageable. I've already backed off the timing a bit on the P-Mag a couple degrees to manage temps. LOP ops are not a problem as long as I stay out of the power (<23 MP). We'll see how it does in the summer heat here in southern Georgia. The SJ plenum seals the top of the baffles well but there is room for improvement around the cylinders.

What a joy to fly!

James,

That is a beautiful paint job!

at last...

It's been a long time coming but the weigh in happened today.

Empty weight 1068 pounds, C of G 79.6 inches. Pretty normal I think.

Hope to start the engine on Friday.
5_A4_D3_F81-054_D-4699-_ACEE-4_FC11_A9_E3848.jpg

Nicely done

Looking great my friend. Never know it was a garage paint job, self induced!! Good weight too. Can't wait to hear about the engine start up.

Thanks

Thanks Don, expect to see yours posted here soon!

Thanks Darwin, I hold you responsible for giving me the confidence to paint it myself :) , and for providing the bench mark for all the fibreglass work.

Simon

Last edited:
My RV-7, F-PRVZ

Hi all,

Here are a few pictures of my freshly painted RV-7:

20170926_154550.jpg

20170926_154558.jpg

P1080674.jpg

P1080676.jpg

P1080690.jpg

20170929_171747.jpg

P1080681.jpg

Start of the build: January 2011
1st flight 4 June 2017
Paint done 25 September 2017

Engine: Aerosport Power IO-375-M1S (195 Hp)
Prop: Whirlwind 200RV
Avionics: Full Dynon package and VP-X Sport
Interior: Classic Aero

I love it. I think the paint scheme (that I designed myself) is gorgeous, the paint job is absolutely fabulous done by a great pro painter in the south of France: http://www.aerostyll.com//fr

Link to 1st flight video: https://youtu.be/Tc5kc3yDyRE
And a link to 1st accro flight : https://youtu.be/nQEJzHdGKB0

I can't get rid of the RV Grin ;-)

Now it's time to enjoy this fabulous machine.

Alain

Last edited:
Here is mine, also freshly painted by the same painter as my friend Alain, who becomes a reference for the French RV's!

First Flight: 5/16/17 after 1851h construction (QB)

Engine: Lycoming IO-360, horizontal induction, 180hp + smoke system

Prop: MT Prop. MTV12B, 3 Blades, constant speed

Instruments/Avionics :
Full DYNON
Dual Skyview SV-D1000 touch-screen EFIS displays
SV-ADHARS 200+201
SV-EMS-220
Dual SV-GPS-250
SV-XPNDR-261
SV-COM-X83
IVP-X Sport to control it all.

Interior : Classic Aero

Felis

Well done

Super Felis, et merci pour ton commentaire flatteur ;-)

I can testify that Felis's RV-7A is a gorgeous looking machine, perfectly built.
One more great example of these fantastic machines flying in France...

Happy flights...

The Third one

The Team would not be complete without the third chief...

Mine was finished last year. Same configuration than Alain and same painter.
Great machine. Already 170 hours on hobbs !

What a beautiful looking bird, slider canopy would look nicer and be more suited if I had that fancy machine down under🙂

Canadian 7

2jg07k8.jpg

2mpx3c2.jpg

16c53rt.jpg

2u90mq0.jpg

Flying as of July 21,2017 after 6.5 yrs building.
90 hrs on the Hobbs and counting.
Lycoming O-360 180hp, Rotec TBI, Slick mags
Sensenich FP
Dynon SV1000
Trig T22 xponder
KLX 135A GPS/Comm
B&C BU alt.
Flightline interior

Al

Another Canadian!

Can tell you?ve put some real effort into that paint scheme, nicely done, very distinctive!

Where are you in Canada?

Thanks! Patterned it somewhat after the 2016 Canadian demonstrator Hornet. The black and yellow is paint. The red is vinyl as are the roundels, flap checkerboard and marks.

I fly out of CNC3 Brampton.

Al

Brampton!

I look forward to seeing it in person, I’m out of Oshawa. I’ll pop down and see you in the spring when the deep freeze is over :). Are you current or ex-airforce? We have the same engine-prop set up, some formation flying would be fun.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing you as well.

No military background...just liked the look of that Hornet.

We have a group of guys that usually fly out Wednesdays for lunch somewhere and Saturdays for breakfast or brunch if the weather is flyable. Might be able to meet at a destination some time. Not much flying this winter so far.

Al

Just waiting for the permit to test on my 7

Hi all

I thought that I should show the group my completed 7, I am awaiting the paperwork for the permit to test. Hopefully not long. I am greatful to all on the forum for invaluable information over the four and a half years of tears and joy.

5za85.jpg

2mrvf40.jpg

214o20m.jpg

Thank you Doug for a great resource.

Ian

Hi all

I thought that I should show the group my completed 7, I am awaiting the paperwork for the permit to test. Hopefully not long. I am greatful to all on the forum for invaluable information over the four and a half years of tears and joy.

5za85.jpg

2mrvf40.jpg

214o20m.jpg

Thank you Doug for a great resource.

Ian

Beautiful plane!! Your paint job is exactly what I want to do for my 9A. What colors did you use? Thanks!!

Ian,
I think you are one of the first to apply for approval of a G3x Touch and a G5 back-up without any huff & puff. Have you had to provided any additional information to explain why LAA Eng should approve this configuration?
Pete

Ian,

Love the paint scheme and colors. Congrats on a beautiful airplane. Do you have additional pictures? I?m planning on a similar scheme and colors for my 12.

My bird:

Built by Thomas Rogers back in 2003, former N360TR.

Updated paint scheme in 2017, panel in 2014.

RV7, Tip UP, Lycoming IO360 180HP, Hartzell CS Prop, Smoke System, Inverted Oil System, Skyview, and so on.

kQ4MjNR.jpg

QOCUDpJ.jpg

2FpWiWJ.jpg

GOhfQ4W.jpg

New home:
WhjmeFt.jpg

N573RM

Just got my 7A back from Glo at 52F. Very pleased with the job they did. Would highly recommend them to anyone in search of quality workmanship at an affordable price.

Now that it?s back I?m looking forward to knocking out the last 1/2 of the phase 1, then taking all the friends and family for some joy rides.

Thanks for the great source of knowledge VAF!

2593475A-1ECA-4028-B70E-67B0022C12BE_zpsz4lnlrzg.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

E982190F-8EDF-4BD4-893A-83392CC58E8D_zpswjid2lwe.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

B04DE433-12F0-4431-8E30-F6D3C22AF9D3_zpsoq0wrzuu.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

63AAEAC4-D7C8-4A31-AFF6-34C2279D338A_zpsyrd4dncz.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

3905796F-B12D-46FF-A516-668B82B70321_zpsbjmec3ps.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

A few nice shots of myv RV-7

Hi,

Here are a few nice air-to-air shots of my RV-7 taken a few days ago in Eastern France, over and next to Annecy (LFLP):

P1040863.jpg

P1040889_3.jpg

P1040874_2.jpg

RV_tnette_lake_2.jpg

P1040850.jpg

Hi,From argentina

fotointeriorrv7.png

[ed. Fixed the pic link for you Sir! v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back