What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bucking bar that will work

RVdreamin

Guys and gals,

I have twisted, turned, and modified the F-6111 rib that attaches to the skin from the longeron to the F-706 bulkhead. I have a bucking bar that will work for all the rivets except where it attaches to the F-706 rib. It looks like I could slip my 'backplate' in ther to buck the rivet, but was wondering about other options.

Any piece of steel that you can get wedged in there with sufficient mass to buck against will work. I sacrificed a couple tools to make custom bucking bars for some of the more difficult spots, including a 3/8" wrench and a large screwdriver in one case. All it has to do is be heavy and be in the right spot.

Home made bar

Any piece of steel that you can get wedged in there with sufficient mass to buck against will work. I sacrificed a couple tools to make custom bucking bars for some of the more difficult spots, including a 3/8" wrench and a large screwdriver in one case. All it has to do is be heavy and be in the right spot.

What he said. If you need more mass, tape a tungsten bar to it.

Back