What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just Starting out: looking for NH or MA RV builders

katarn444

I'm New Here
Hello all, first post. I have been lurking for many years and am finally getting to a point in my life where I may have the time and money to finally start flying. I have taken a couple of first flights over the last 20 years and also fly whenever a friend or friend of a friend invites me.
In any case, I am looking for "local" (MA or NH) RV builders so as to take a look at the work, ask some questions and maybe help if they want it.

Many thanks,
Paul

Paul welcome aboard :D

I don’t know if there are any current builders but there are a few active RV fliers at 7B3 (Hampton Airfield, Hampton NH).

It also has a great diner on the field!

Dave out of KASH

Paul there is an active builder in NH. I was fascinated with his work for years. He is a perfectionist and once in a while he opens his hangar for everybody to come. He has a detailed website http://mightyrv.com
Welcome to the best hobby on earth!

Hi Paul, I know its not next door but EAA 141 is located in limington ME. We have several RV fliers and builders active. We are there every sat morning. I also am helping a builder on his 7 in my auto shop in south Portland. Stop by any time.

Paul there is an active builder in NH. I was fascinated with his work for years. He is a perfectionist and once in a while he opens his hangar for everybody to come. He has a detailed website http://mightyrv.com
Welcome to the best hobby on earth!

Vlad,

Спасибо, мой друг!

Paul,

Come on up to the Nashua NH airport. We have lots of flying RVs... 3, 4, 8 and now a 10, and I'm almost done with a -7. Also some new starts coming up soon. Check your PMs for my contact info, you're welcome anytime at the hangar.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:
Welcome Sir!

Paul,

I see a lot of people beat me to the welcome, but just wanted to send a wave from Texas and welcome you (like others have done) to the greatest hobby on Earth.

You're going to have a great time, and you won't have much trouble finding people to offer help and motivation.

v/r,dr

Well, shoot me a message and if you drive down to Plymouth we can then fly up to Nashua and visit Dave.

How's that for a plan?

;) CJ

I guess I'm late to the thread. I'm in northeastern MA and I started my RV-7 about a month after you posted. PM me if you'd like to follow up.

Several members of EAA chapter 106, based at KLWM (North Andover, Ma) are RV owners/builders. One is currently building a -7 and will probably fly next summer. Another has a -6A early in his phase 1. If interested, I can make some introductions. I'm currently looking for a flying -6/6a project plane, but so far no luck.

Back