What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout out to Bill at Up North Aviation

carlrai

Well Known Member
Wanted to pass my recent experiences with Bill Morelli at Up North Aviation.
Bill's business revolves providing an exemplary service of CNC routing instrument panels for our RV's.

I recently started a panel upgrade for my 9A and had contemplated making the cutouts myself, doing it the hard way with a dremel and hole saws.

Started with a smaller panel for the right side and quickly convinced myself I wasn't interested in continuing on the larger panel with quite a few larger cutouts. Had seen Bill mentioned several times here and contacted him directly with a rough idea and a quick/dirty drawing.

I'll be posting a few before and after photos shortly.

Bill patiently took the time through several iterations of the drawings to ensure we were on the same page before starting the cuts.

With that, the work was perfect Beautifully cut and smooth finished edges giving my new panel a truly professional look at a reasonable price.

Highly recommend Bill and Up North Aviation for his service and product.

No connection to his business, just an honest recommendation from a pleased customer.

I second everything Carl said here.
I just had my panel cut a few months ago by Bill on the recommendation of Carl.

Bill was very patient with my changes.
Upon recipt of the panel, it appeared a fork truck ran over it. When I brought it to my local Post Office, they were very unapologetic & said it should have been labeled with "Fragile".
I couldn't believe it. It just didn't fall off a table, there was a big gash in the center of the 90 degree bend.

I contacted Van's to drop ship another blank panel for Bill to recut.
Although it was no fault of his, Bill wanted to pay for the new blank, recut & ship. He even included a check to pay for it when he shipped back the newly cut panel.

The good news is that the USPS reimbursed me the $50 within a week. There was no denying the damage was there's with the pictures I included for the online claim.

The new cut panel arrived without damage this time.
Bill marked it "Fragile" about 20 times. BTW, Bill recut & paid the shipping.
I voided his check for the blank reimbursement.

Great service & highly recommended.

Dan - We need to compare...

Dan
So sometime during the week after XMas I hope to have the upgrade completed. Lets get together for breakfast somewhere and have a look!

TurboCad and Bill are the easy way to get funny shaped holes in aluminum for your panels.

It makes the cutouts and nut plate mounting holes accurate for such things as the Dynon panel items and square holes for switches. Much easier than the old "file and vice" methods.

I'll add another recommendation for Bill. He worked with me through several iterations of my panel and did a great job cutting it. You can't go wrong working with him!

Dave

Dan
So sometime during the week after XMas I hope to have the upgrade completed. Lets get together for breakfast somewhere and have a look!

Sounds good to me. I plan on taking my 7 out of service mid-january for the upgrade.

Let me know when & where.
Make sure you have George come too, with his 9A.
I want to get an update from him on how he fixed my hangar door while I let him use it in September.

Back