What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TCW Battery

SMRacer

Well Known Member
Patron
I had a recent problem with my TCW backup battery in my AFS 5600. I spoke with Bob Newman and he immediately approved a return for inspection. Turns out a rare problem had occurred, and even though the battery was slightly out of warranty they fixed it with no charge.

Very quick repair and turn around.

That's the kind of company I like doing business with.

I had a recent problem with my TCW backup battery in my AFS 5600. I spoke with Bob Newman and he immediately approved a return for inspection. Turns out a rare problem had occurred, .

Would you mind posting the problem you experienced? What was the indications of the problem.?

Thanks

Fault

Apparently a cell had failed and the battery was not able to hold a full charge.

On shutdown the EFIS shows backup battery voltage. I noticed that during the 30 second shutdown cycle (during which the backup battery is powering the EFIS after master is switched off) that voltage was not 12 volts. During subsequent shutdowns the backup showed lower and lower voltage until it would not support the entire 30 second shutdown cycle.

Bottom line is, if you shutdown using the master, and the backup does not show 12 volts, the backup battery is probably failing. (Or possibly your system is not charging it properly)

Back