What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HID landing lights for $70

Too big?

I just saw these 35W HID lights for sale for $70:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/wkend0608/usa_cpnsave.html
(scroll to the bottom)

They're from Harbor Freight which is hit and miss on quality but I thought someone might be interested in using them or adapting them to a new reflector. Do take a look at the manual, its has quite a bit more information.

Best,
-DC

DC.... they seem to be 9 inches diameter, I don't think they will fit in our wings...:)

gil A

The Duckworks Leading Edge lights require an H3 bulb. It appears that these are H7 bulbs (I have no idea what the difference is between H3 and H7).

Dave

Adaptation

You're definitely right that they won't fit stock. (Plus they're ugly) But, I thought that you could relatively easily adapt them to a new enclosure.

For the adventurous only I guess...
-DC

The Duckworks Leading Edge lights require an H3 bulb. It appears that these are H7 bulbs (I have no idea what the difference is between H3 and H7).

Dave
H3 and H7 are NOT HID, the are standard Halogen. These (and other HID bulbs) are not Hx series bulbs.

H3 H7

Dave

Hi Dave!

The sockets of the bulbs are completely different. The H3 bulb is common used in fog lamps. The H3 has one cable as center conductor and the H7 has to pin conductor.

Best regards
Detlef

Back