What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

more ruddder pedal questions

Adam W

Well Known Member
Thank you for those answer everyone

Does anyone know roughly for far off firewall i would want to set the pastic bushing blocks for someone 5'4" tall i have made 4 settings starting at 3" off firewall and 1 inch increments from there

is it worth upgrading the Vans brake lines?

Adam---I mounted mine so the aft pedal bar is 8.5 from the firewall. I'm 5'4" on a good day, and it seems to fit ok, but I dont have the seat foam here.

UH yep, I'm upgrading the brake hoses.

Tom

I wondered the same about the transparent plastic hoses.....the connection ends look like they would be more likely to leak than the traditional type of aircraft brake hose fittings.

Thanks for that
I'm aiming just to have solid function and no deficiency due to inferior parts. But if they work fine I'm not looking to throw money away

If you have the cash, install the TS Flightline brake lines and never have to spend hours under the panel replacing them in the future. My hangar mate just did this, along with rebuilding his master cylinders and says his brakes work much better then before.

Back