View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 07:21 AM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).
Default 30 Years of the RV-6/6A Design: AirVenture 2016 Celebration!

Yup, CAT’S OUT OF THE BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All, it’s true…I’m your leader for AirVenture's 2016 30th Anniversary Celebration of Van designing the RV-6/6A***... way back in 1986….I was introduced to the RV-6A at Sun ‘n Fun 1995 and started building in the summer, same year. Five (5) years later and about ~3000 hours of labor, on July 4, 2000, Tuppergal and I started flying our Custom-Built RV. Here we are 15 years and 4000+ hours later

And we now have 1000’s of friends we’d of never known (and now vacation with year after year) had it not been for the RV…....Condor, Jimmyb, Vicky, Seismo, Red, Kahuna, Scotty, Deb, Jailbird, Redtail, AC, Turbo, Moody Blue, Bun, Keys, Scoot, Cookie, Taco, Belle, BeeGee, Nordo, Shifty, Goose, Cougar, Schoolmom, Sharpie, Dula, KB, Tailwind, Sharkbait, Nasty, Sunblock, Wingnut, Fast Eddy, Nordo, Hog, Speedy, Krash, Shiner, Indy, Falcon, Jarhead, Shadey, Lucky, Ironflight, Moose, Don, Daryl and many, MANY more!!! We consider you all our RV family of friends!!!!!

I was contacted by Ken Scott (Van’s Aircraft) and Charlie Becker (EAA) early this year asking if I might be interested in ‘running-this-to-ground’…..uuuhhhhh….YEAH!!!!!!! But you can't say anything until after AirVenture 2015....Now here we are…only one (1) year to go!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooooo…..if you know me personally, save me the trouble of TELLING you that you are flying your RV-6/6A to AirVenture 2016. If you don’t know me, please consider flying your RV-6/6A to AirVenture 2016. If you are building an RV-6/6A, it’s time to finish up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s plan on setting the record for the most RV-6/6As ever in attendance! Heck, let’s make it a record for ALL RVs!!!!! There will be some special to-be-named ‘goodies’ given to you for flying your RV-6/6A to AirVenture 2016 in addition to some EAA to-be-named sponsored events honoring Van and the 30th Anniversary of designing the most-built-and-flying model RV!

If you have any ideas of how we can honor Van, Charlie Becker and I would love to hear them!!!!! I’d appreciate all the support I can get to make 2016 the BEST AIRVENTURE EVER for RVers!!!!!!!!! So the planning begins…….

Keep poundin’ them rivets because IT'S ALL WORTH IT!!!!! Paul “Rosie” Rosales

***The -6A is being included in this -6 celebration per Ken & Van :-)

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT MODEL RV YOU ARE FLYING TO OSH: PLEASE SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER HERE

Last edited by Rosie : 05-09-2016 at 06:52 AM.