What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Help Updating Dynon HDX...

Piper J3

Well Known Member
I need help updating Dynon HDX for RV-12 built by Synergy. I?d like to load newest SkyView System Software (15.3.3) and Aviation, Terrain, and Obstacle databases.

I have studied Dynon?s SkyView System Software Update and have concerns before beginning procedure.

1) Should I get latest software from Van?s or Dynon?s website? It doesn?t appear that Van?s has update since 08-18-17.

2) If I load software from Dynon will it overwrite Van?s software specific for the RV-12 or will it ignore and just load the updates?

Any help is appreciated?

I need help updating Dynon HDX for RV-12 built by Synergy. I?d like to load newest SkyView System Software (15.3.3) and Aviation, Terrain, and Obstacle databases.

I have studied Dynon?s SkyView System Software Update and have concerns before beginning procedure.

1) Should I get latest software from Van?s or Dynon?s website? It doesn?t appear that Van?s has update since 08-18-17.

2) If I load software from Dynon will it overwrite Van?s software specific for the RV-12 or will it ignore and just load the updates?

Any help is appreciated?

I believe there are two types of software upgrades....one for config files (this you want from Van?s); and firmware/software upgrades, which you are speaking of...which you can down load from Dynon.

Go to Van?s website and look under the support tab. Under RV-12 you will find a readme file that will walk you through both processes.

I need help updating Dynon HDX for RV-12 built by Synergy. I’d like to load newest SkyView System Software (15.3.3) and Aviation, Terrain, and Obstacle databases.

I have studied Dynon’s SkyView System Software Update and have concerns before beginning procedure.

1) Should I get latest software from Van’s or Dynon’s website? It doesn’t appear that Van’s has update since 08-18-17.

2) If I load software from Dynon will it overwrite Van’s software specific for the RV-12 or will it ignore and just load the updates?

Any help is appreciated…

There are two separate update paths available on the Dynon site. You will need to use the one that selectively updates the software (method 2).

Vans should have it available to you in the near future, otherwise.

Last edited:
Back