What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A new RV Grin in Belfast Maine

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am Posting this for Mike with his RV Grin

Mike G 73118.JPG

Mike Giles and his RV12 took her maiden flight today. Today was perfect for a first flight, sunny, low temperatures and calm winds this morning. Mike made a few high speed taxi runs and then she took to the air just like all of the other Vans.

Mike?s PREP; everything was within normal range, no heavy wing, and flew level hands off.

Mike G video 73118.JPG

https://youtu.be/i9ROzuxnpIQ

He has 2 hours on the Hobbs as he as he continues the 5 hour phase one check list for the 12. Great to have another flying RV at KBST!

I knew the governor could not resist. The question is, will it make the front page? It appears that Vlad knows what happened to his fuel. Good job Mike!

Last edited:
Congrats to Mike! Great looking ship, enjoy that grin. Hope to see you guys in September!

Mike, nice to meet you on the day you took your first flight in your airplane! Congratulations and see you at the lobster festival! I'll probably be there early and meet you guys for dinner on Friday night.

:) CJ

A little back story on Mike?s 12:
In 2010, Bennett Scheuer, our good friend and EAA 1434 chapter member decided, wisely, to abandon his Zenith 650 build and jump into the plane he really wanted, the RV-12. So he took delivery of the empennage kit and sold the 650, rearranged his shop to get started. I was busy finishing up the Phase 1 flying on my 9, and eager to get Bennett some stick time in a real plane.
But sadly, he passed suddenly before his dream could come together . In the fall of 2010 his brother donated most of Bennett?s aviation tools, books as well as the RV-12 kits to our EAA chapter. Mike and I decided to go in together to build the plane you see here. A few years ago, Mike took over the ownership and brought the plane to completion. We?re all very moved that he registered it as N448BS, Bennett?s birthday month and year.
I?m pretty sure there?s an extra RV grin out there somewhere!

I am Posting this for Mike with his RV Grin

Mike Giles and his RV12 took her maiden flight today. Today was perfect for a first flight, sunny, low temperatures and calm winds this morning. Mike made a few high speed taxi runs and then she took to the air just like all of the other Vans.

Mike?s PREP; everything was within normal range, no heavy wing, and flew level hands off.

He has 2 hours on the Hobbs as he as he continues the 5 hour phase one check list for the 12. Great to have another flying RV at KBST!

Congrats! Are the fairings at the root of the step from Van's? I need'm.

Jerre

Back