View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 11:56 AM
rvbuilder2002 rvbuilder2002 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hubbard Oregon
Posts: 8,471

Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
As I understand it, if it is your plane, and no payment is offered, you should be good to go.
More specifically.... As long as there is no compensation to you for use of the airplane, there is no problem in doing what you want to do. Specific limitations are spelled out in the operating limitations that are part of the 8130-7 (airworthiness certificate) for E-LSA aircraft.

You could receive compensation as a flight instructor while giving training though.

The NPRM you mentioned is related to compensation for use of the aircraft (charging rental fees), and more specifically, for aircraft types were there are no SLSA examples for flight schools to use. An example would be 2 seat ultralights that were originally converted to ELSA's during the transition period, so that they were legal aircraft under the new rules.
Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")

Last edited by rvbuilder2002 : 11-08-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote