What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will it just fall in?

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Lycoming was nice enough to include a fuel line with their engine and it's neatly mounted out of the way.

However, I need to remove it to install the two piece Vans line plus fuel flow sensor. I can't get tools in there to get the clamp off but I can easily get ot the case bolt.

My question/concern is I don't know if this bolt is pressed in and if I unscrew it to get that bracket off will it just fall into the case.

Might be a dumb question, it may just be pressed in, tons of experience with Harley engines, but this is new territory for me and a loose bolt in the case sounds like a 6 month heart breaking project stopping pool of sadness that I don't want to end up in so I'm checking first :p

oTH.jpg

It is a stud that is threaded into the oil sump.

It wont fall in.

Use a new lock washer when reinstalling the hardware.

The nut is on a stud threaded in the sump. Remove the nut, nothing bad should happen.

Thanks! Figured as much .. didn't want to risk it lol almost went at it twice and then stopped myself to verify .. experience .. a harsh teacher :D

Back