What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Simply Sunset

petehowell

Well Known Member
Wind Calm..... 2 Mile final for 14 @ KSTP over America's favorite Twin Cities. Looking West, St. Paul and the Capitol in the foreground, Minneapolis against a sun drenched horizon. RV Life is pretty good.........

Minne%20Sunset%20022.jpg

Snapped this one of Minne and the the Metrodome as I headed back to Anoka - a bit of saturation added for effect. Airplanes and cameras are great companions...............

Minne%20Sunset%20005.jpg

Stunning...

...simply stunning! Those Mr Howell, are every bit rival to the Southwest sunsets I'm accustomed to.

Pete, delightful!

BTW, our very colorful sunsets seem to be caused by the various fires out west. We've been in a very hazy (unusual for here) period for about a month, since the LA fire started. When one flies in this haze, the leading edges accumulate a brown film, just like what I've experienced when flying out west downwind of forest fires.

Simple Sunrise

I know this is off topic, but sunrises make great flying as well. One great benefit of flying at sunrise is the bugs are an order of magnitude less.
These pictures where taken just after lift off from STL on my way to Dayton (Wright Brothers). There was a fast moving storm cell moving in from the north west with lots of lightning. Drove to the airport at 5am jumped in the plane and just hit about 5 minutes of showes before I outran the cell. This is over north St Charles County just north west of STL. You can see both the Mississippi (left) and Missouri (right) Rivers in the picture.
sunrise2z.jpg

sunriseb.jpg

Beautiful Phil! Sunrise is great, but much harder for my schedule. You are dead right about the bugs.....

Back