What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted: Hangar Space at McKinney or Aerocountry

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
My goal this year is to get the RV done and to the airport. While I am not ready to move yet, I would like to get an idea of what availability looks like and what to expect for rent in a shared space at Aero Country or McKinney. Is there a message board somewhere that has posting for these airports, or is it pretty much word of mouth?

Thanks,
Colin

According to a friend of mine who owns a hangar at TKI (McKinney) there is a waiting list of about three years for a hangar. So you might to get your name on the list now if that's your preference. Obviously that can change depending on the hangar, the owner, etc.

Another thing about McKinney is depending on where your hangar is located you can have some pretty long taxi times. I temporarily based my -8 there a few months ago and was located at the south end of the airport. Prevailing traffic usually uses runway 18, so lots of taxiing.

Not sure about AeroCountry availability, but certainly it is more conducive to shorter taxi time and no jet traffic.

Good luck,

Chris

Thank you for the insight. AeroCountry is my first choice for that reason, but I want to keep my eye on both to see what is available.

According to a friend of mine who owns a hangar at TKI (McKinney) there is a waiting list of about three years for a hangar. So you might to get your name on the list now if that's your preference. Obviously that can change depending on the hangar, the owner, etc.

Another thing about McKinney is depending on where your hangar is located you can have some pretty long taxi times. I temporarily based my -8 there a few months ago and was located at the south end of the airport. Prevailing traffic usually uses runway 18, so lots of taxiing.

Not sure about AeroCountry availability, but certainly it is more conducive to shorter taxi time and no jet traffic.

Good luck,

Chris

Colin - I may have something for you at TKI. PM me your contact info

Spoke with the contact you provided. Looks like that should work out well. I am still keeping an eye open at AeroCountry, but told him I would be able to make a commitment by the end of Feb (hangar will probably be available late summer/fall).

Thanks,
Colin

Back