What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Duplex Valve

Sandrews

Well Known Member
Bought a partially completed 10. Previous owner was putting on a Subaru engine and plumbed the fur system with the Andair duplex valve allowing a return line. I'm using stock Vans fuel pump setup with stock injection and have no use for the return line. I'm assuming I can just cap the return lines? At the front of the Andair valve there are two fitting that go toward the fuel pump. Which one can be used and which is capped (or does it matter).

Also it appears that with the filter and pump I won't have a lot of room for the Red cube so I'll be mounting it firewall forward.

Thanks

Think of that duplex valve a two valves stacked one on top of the other. If you're using the lower ports (fuel in from the tanks), then the outflow port will also be on the lower part of the valve.

Capping off the unused ports is probably a good idea but you would have to check with Andair to see if there is any possibility of fuel coming out of them. If it were me, I would cap them to be safe.

You could also remove and sell that valve and install a smaller/cheaper Andair valve. This will give you more room to fit the lines. Or you could keep the valve to keep your options open for a future purge (return) line as I did. I really like the purge system ala Airflow Performance.

Bevan

Seth---trace the lines from the valve to the tanks and see which he was using for the supply. You can cap the fittings at the tanks and remove the lines if you want to save some weight. I would cap the fittings on the valve-----just in case.

Tom

I have this valve, from what I understand, the seals need lube, gas, they say to avoid operating the valve dry, so the valve that is not being used in the stack, the seals may dry up and become damaged from being operated dry, maybe jam?

Sell the valve to someone that needs it and get the right valve.

I order mine directly from Andair as the price tends to be the same or less than vendors in the US, and you can get it configured exactly the way you want it.

Carl

Back