What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS Data Collection Rate on G3X

macrafic

Well Known Member
Can anybody tell me if there is a way to change the rate at which engine data is collected on the G3X (non-touch, although it is probably the same for the touch as well)?

To do some of the analysis that Savvy suggest you do, should you have suspected engine issues, they want you to change the data collection rate. I am wondering if this is possible with the G3X. I have looked through the manuals (install and pilot guide) with all the words and word combinations I can think of, and come up empty.l

I don't have an answer for you other than I think there is a setting for frequency in config mode but I can't confirm that at this time.

What's the change Savvy wants to see? I'm collecting at 1 second intervals and would change that if there's better info I can get them.

I don't have an answer for you other than I think there is a setting for frequency in config mode but I can't confirm that at this time.

What's the change Savvy wants to see? I'm collecting at 1 second intervals and would change that if there's better info I can get them.

Matt, I think you are OK. Savvy wants more frequent collection of data than the 6 second interval defaulted on some engine monitors.

Not sure about the non touch but the touch flight log files have 1 second data intervals which should be more than enough.

The flight recorder file is more detailed with some data as often as 10 times a second. The log files are a subset of this file.

Back