What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Attachments to fuel injection lines

rvdave

Well Known Member
Had an A&p stop by yesterday before my engine start to look things over one thing he mentioned was not to attach anything to the fuel injection lines even Adele clamps. I have my fuel injection lines clamped thru adeles to pushrod covers I believe he said there was an AD out for that Lycoming put out for production aircraft. I thought it would be a good idea to keep those lines from vibrating and attaching it to the pushrods seem like the best idea . It also gives a place to attach the lightspeed high-voltage lines. Has anyone had a problem with that ?

jabarr

beat me to it. You really, really want to comply with the Service bulletin he posted. You might want to show the SB to the mechanic that looked at your airplane, as he passed bad information.

Just to spell it all out within this thread, the mandatory service bulletin indicates that the fuel injection lines require support through adel clamps. The associated diagram shows the clamps being anchored to the push rod tubes.

Erich

Thanks that clears that up ,I don't know where he got that information unless I totally misunderstood him .

Back