What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Guide Pins Update sec. 38-37

TimO

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any updated info, or, better yet, has anyone received any of the newer canopy parts, that can tell me where to locate the hole for the canopy guide pins that are now an update to the original canopy plans?

I went to install them today and although the process looks simple, since my side rails don't have any hole, and, the plans don't provide any measurements as to where to locate a new hole, I don't know where to locate them. I'd want them to be located in the best position to keep the canopy from bowing out, but I'm not sure if that issue is a problem only further aft, or in the middle-sides of the canopy.

Just knowing how far forward of the aft edge (roughly) of the canopy the hole is would be a major help if someone has that info.

Tim , The template sits over the 8th hole from the rear of C-01427-L , as per figure 1, which is app. 13.40 " from C-01405-L AFT canopy frame.

All done, and it went well. I didn't go to the exact measurement you had, as far as I can tell, because the pin plate would have hit an existing rivet, but I went just behind the 8th rivet from the back and it all went in real well. Thanks for the approximate location Ron!

When the retrofit guide pin parts where received, the package should have included a document called 38-RF (retrofit). It is a template to be used for locating the hole for the pin.
Anyone needing a copy of the document can get one by contacting the office.

Yeah, mine came with just a paper copy of the same plans that were also available for download. Not a retrofit version.
Tim

Back