What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rogers RV-14A Build - 140204

rkiefer2

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone,

Got the tools, kit, shop, and build log website setup and Im ready to get going on my Vans RV14A in SE Wisconsin.

This is my first build so please provide any guidance, advice, etc as I go through this process.

http://rogersrv14a.blogspot.com

Thanks,

welcome!

Lots of good information in the forums... be sure to check out the "sticky" plan gotcha's in the RV-14 forum.

Pat

RV-14

Hi Roger. My wife Jane and I got the pink slip on our RV-8 in November 2014, the first flight following on December 4th. The plane is now out of phase 1 and at Timmerman field. Hopefully we'll get a chance to get together and talk RV. Good luck with your build. Bill

Roger, Roger. MJ and I (Roger )should be finishing up our 14A in the next couple of months or so. You will not be disappointed choosing this kit. Van and his crew did an incredible job designing this kit.

First Crack at Priming

After much debate I decided to go the priming route.

I built a basic down draft table and primed and prepped my parts with Stewart Systems products using their Ekoprime. Very happy with the product its great to work with, doesn't stink and cleans up well.

X45XgiaS62rQw6qF7

AF1QipMVoEffswfzunG7TH_jZ0S03L_aOnzPTmKspLMd

Last edited:
Welcome

Glad to see another. I started my RV-14 two years ago (my time goes fast!) and I am still on the path. If you haven't done a lot of riveting maybe you might want to take on of the EAA "Building Vans" courses, they are a great help. The rivet/sheet metal seminars are also great. I made my stuff much easier. Good luck, and remember one piece a day (at least) and you will get there eventually.

Back