What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Official Sensenich Propeller FAQ/Service Bulletin Revision B

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
Sensenich requested us to update this post as they now have updated their website and all SB information is on there.

As a result, we have removed the SB links.

Thx much

Last edited:
New revision “D1” Hub Cover Half - $195 ea. + shipping.

I was hoping Sensenich would offer a discount as deficiency is clearly not owner/operator related and extreme failure of affected hubs could launch a prop blade causing someone to have a bad day.

Looks like I need to talk to the Chief Financial Officer and ask her how much she values my worth...

I dont want to nitpick, but as much as I respect Aircraft Specialty as a supplier shouldnt we be waiting for Vans to issue SB instructions? .I suspect it will become confuusing if we have multiple sources for critical information about Van"s aircraft.
Dick Seiders

I dont want to nitpick, but as much as I respect Aircraft Specialty as a supplier shouldnt we be waiting for Vans to issue SB instructions? .I suspect it will become confuusing if we have multiple sources for critical information about Van"s aircraft.
Dick Seiders

Dick and all,

This is not a Vans Service bulletin ,but a service bulletin directly from Sensenich. They asked us to publish it for them as they were unable to get their website updated and their login for Vans Air Force wasn't working.

Apparently they have been receiving a lot of calls on this, and they wanted to ensure that the FAQ was out there for the Vans community as soon as possible given the amount of calls they have had for the RV-12.

So we happily helped them out to get the information out to VAF members. As soon as they get their web site and VAF login squared away, we will adjust the link to go back directly to their web site.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, Steve. however, I still feel my comment is a valid one.
Or maybe I was just a little put off by the fact that I responded promptly to the request ( Sensinich A) spending a couple hours looking and taking photos that clearly showed no cracking at the specified locations and next day see Sensinich B and now have to do the work again. Just saying...
Dick Seiders

Thanks for the clarification, Steve. however, I still feel my comment is a valid one.
Or maybe I was just a little put off by the fact that I responded promptly to the request ( Sensinich A) spending a couple hours looking and taking photos that clearly showed no cracking at the specified locations and next day see Sensinich B and now have to do the work again. Just saying...
Dick Seiders

Dick...

I feel your pain..... Perhaps that is why Sensenich wanted to get the information out there as soon as possible and asked us to post it. This way, as many people as possible on the RV-12 forums would be able to see Rev B before performing Rev A.

Don't shoot the messenger! :)

Steve

Last edited:
I placed my order this morning for new Rev “D1” Hub Cover complete with new clamp bolts and washers. $195 + ground UPS shipping. Hub is being shipped this afternoon. Sensenich is putting rush priority on manufacturing a large batch of hubs to cover the SB. They claim to be selling at less than cost...

Back