What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlyGarmin Annual Subscription lasts < 1 year!?

Noah

Well Known Member
Last year on Feb 20 I purchased an annual FlyGarmin NavData subscription. Since then I have updated my database 3 or 4 times maybe.

This year on Feb 11 I logged into my FlyGarmin account only to find that I have no more updates remaining. Has anybody else come across this problem? Last I checked, a year has 365 days - has that changed and nobody told me?

Last edited:
Last year on Feb 20 I purchased an annual FlyGarmin NavData subscription.

This year on Feb 11 I logged into my FlyGarmin account only to find that I have no more updates remaining. Has anybody else come across this problem? Last I checked, a year has 365 days - has that changed and nobody told me?
Just a guess, but...On a 28 day AIRAC cycle, your last update would have been on/about January 23, so that's probably why you don't have any more visible updates.

Last year on Feb 20 I purchased an annual FlyGarmin NavData subscription. Since then I have updated my database 3 or 4 times maybe.

The last update (1802) became effective February 1st. The next update (1803) will become effective on March 1st. Since your subscription expires on Feb 20th, you don't have any remaining updates.

Ref: FAA Aeronautical Database Schedule

:cool:

Last edited:
My guess is that when you began your subscription, you immediately got the current database which would have been valid before your subscription date. If they had done it the way you're thinking, you would have had to wait until the beginning of the next update to get the database, but that clearly wouldn't make sense, so they technically start your subscription one period earlier than your date...

Garmin's pretty understanding. Call them up and tell them that you just didn't use all of the updates you paid for. Possible the agent will credit you with one or two.

-Marc

Back