What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

smoke system

HI all,We got a 160 HP RV 4 and we want to buy a smoke system.Wich smoke system do you suggest us to order ?
Thanks for suggestions.
Best regards Max/Alex

What I used in my -4

I have a 3.5 gallon system from Smoking Airplanes, which I mounted in my baggage compartment behind rear seat. I have 160HP, with Vetterman 4 pipe system, 2 injectors installed on 2 of the pipes. If you have a 4 pipe exhaust, you will get some "puffing" due to pulse of the firing in the individual pipes...no big deal to me. I mounted my momentary on button in the end of my throttle handle to make it really easy to use. I can pull the tank out in less than 5 minutes if I need all of the baggage compartment, but even with tank installed, I can put 2 soft bags on top of it and travel for the weekend. Just be aware with a heavy backseater and 3.5 gallons of oil, your CG could be well AFT. I usually only carry a gallon or two for the occasional "smoke pass". There are 6 of us at our home field all using the same type system, and everyone seems happy with it.

Smoke System Helper

I'll recommend Mavin Homsley of Smoke System Helper. He has complete kits but is also willing to help you piece together a system that is exactly what you need without extra parts. He is easy to talk to and will help you understand how it works and how to install your system. No sales pressure either. He will provide whatever parts you want and you can source other components from other vendors if you wish. The quality of his welded aluminum tanks is excellent.

Back