What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

audio alert wiring

birddog486

Well Known Member
Do the audio alert signals from the GPS need to be wired to the audio panel or will they come through the Arinc 429 in the skyview system?

Do the audio alert signals from the GPS need to be wired to the audio panel or will they come through the Arinc 429 in the skyview system?

You're going to have to give a bit more information...are you asking about a GPS navigator (like a 430/530 or 650/750) communicating over the Dynon ARINC box to a Skyview?

Sorry, yes. I'm using the GNS430 wiring diagram and connecting the GPS to the Skyview system through the Arinc 429.

Using the wiring diagram there's GPS arinc 429 in's and out's (A & B) and VOR/ILS Arinc in's and out's ( A & B) There's also one serial RS232 output from the GPS.

I'm wondering if I also need to wire the individual audio alerts from the GPS into the audio panel, or will those signals go through the Arinc 429 or the one RS232 serial output into the skyview and be fed to the audio panel from the Skyview.

No, audio will not go through the ARINC box. That's for ARINC data. Audio from the 430 goes to the audio panel.

BTW, not sure what "alerts" you're referring to...the 430 provides COMM and VOR/ILS Ident, but I'm unaware of any "alerts" (unless perhaps you have TAWS installed as well, or something like that).

I'm actually installing the Avidyne IFD440 but, it's wired the same as the 430. It has Terrain awareness.

Back