What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-10 leaves for home!

Tom Martin

Well Known Member
After exactly 21 months C-GLWM leaves Fairlea Field for it's new home in Port Hope Ontario. It is owned by Wayne and Lana Millson and will replace a Cherokee 140 as their new family plane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpbr7aR1wvo

This was my tenth airplane project and it was fitting that it was an RV10. I enjoyed working with Wayne to get him the plane that he had dreamed of.
The RV10 is not a difficult project but there is more glass work then other RV models and as such does take a bit longer.
I flew the 25 hours off and I was very impressed with the performance and comfort of this fine aircraft.
Wayne did all the panel wiring himself and the plane will be flown IFR as Wayne is a qualified IFR pilot.
The plane arrived as a parts kit with some structures done, tail, tail cone and wings not closed. The main fuselage was not done and that was completed the first winter. My total time was 1024 hours including the test flight period.
Thank you Wayne and Lana for a great experience.

Great

Good job Tom. I am sure it is yet another masterpiece of yours. I have had the opportunity to meet Wayne and his family (dad too) and they were very excited over a year ago so I can just imagine how happy they are its done.

Hope to see it in the near future. Congrats. I am sure that bird will get lots of hours.

:D

Good on ya. Yeah, I'd say there's just a "little" more glasswork on the 10. Are you going to do another?
P.S. Don't forget to notch your gun butt.

Back