What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 throttle body gasket

Tom Martin

Well Known Member
For the stock RV14 engine installation there is a fibreglass engine intake air plenum that goes from the front left baffle ramp to the inlet of the throttle body.
As is normal there is a gasket called out for between the throttle body and the engine but there is no mention of a gasket between the fibreglass plenum and the front of the throttle body.
Perhaps this is an omission, and if not, I believe that a gasket there would be a good idea. There is bound to be some minor movement between the glass plenum and the throttle body and a gasket would keep the parts from wearing on each other.
Has anyone a part number for a gasket that would work on the front of the throttle body; it is larger then the aft gasket.

I agree that a gasket would be a good idea. My Superior engine from AeroSport had a cover plate over the inlet to the throttle body with a gasket, and I used that gasket between the snorkel and the throttle body.

I have been maintain numerous RV''s for many years now and there has never been any indication of abrasion or wear without using a gasket.

Back