What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seeking IA in SoCal for initial condition inspection

DavidHarris

Well Known Member
I'm building a Vans RV-7A at Cable Airport (CCB) in Southern California.

I'm looking for an IA with strong Vans experience to assist with the initial condition inspection. The plane has been inspected regularly through its construction by our technical counselor and by other builders, but in the interest of a safe first flight, I'm looking to pay for one more expert to go over the plane closely with me with a fresh set of eyes.

I'd appreciate any referrals.

Thank you,

David

Steve Ming is at KLGB and he does the annual on my RV-10, along with at least one other (that I know of) RV. Contact me if you want his number.
marcwhis at gmail.

-Marc

I'm looking for an IA with strong Vans experience to assist with the initial condition inspection. The plane has been inspected regularly through its construction by our technical counselor and by other builders, but in the interest of a safe first flight, I'm looking to pay for one more expert to go over the plane closely with me with a fresh set of eyes.

Thank you,

David

Dave Prizio is a DAR at Chino who can probably help you. He also writes the "Maintenance Matters" column for Kitplanes magazine. Send me an email if you'd like his contact info.

Thank you,

David

Have a BBQ and invite all the local RVrs. Have mirrors and flashlights handy and a notebook. When they write down discrepancies, make up your own mind if they need correction.

As the builder, you will make the logbook entry for condition inspection prior to DAR inspection. If a pack of other builders can't find much seriously wrong with the plane, you're going to be alright.

Ed Holyoke

Have a BBQ and invite all the local RVrs. Have mirrors and flashlights handy and a notebook. When they write down discrepancies, make up your own mind if they need correction.

As the builder, you will make the logbook entry for condition inspection prior to DAR inspection. If a pack of other builders can't find much seriously wrong with the plane, you're going to be alright.

Ed Holyoke

Great idea. The inspection party has been done many times before.

IF Fred was his Tech Counselor, they do not get much better than that. People will show up just to try and find something that Fred missed.

Back