What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Wheels

Rstansley

Does anyone know the cleveland wheel part number for RV4 wheels. I am looking to buy a spare set for turning and replacing. I can't seem to locate the part number.

Wheels

Richard,

My RV4 kit is serial #68 from the early 1980s. The Cleveland wheels that came with my kit are 40-78B, 5.00-5, manufactured 2-84.

Cameron Smith

Cleveland Wheels

Yes, I've seen the pricing. It is surprising for what's involved. I will watch on eBay and salvage websites to see what comes up. Who knows, might not be such a good idea. Thanks for the info.

Cleveland

I may have a set. They are 20+ years but new/never installed. Will be able to check on Tuesday.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Clevelands

Yes, I've seen the pricing. It is surprising for what's involved. I will watch on eBay and salvage websites to see what comes up. Who knows, might not be such a good idea. Thanks for the info.

Richard: I have 2 new 5:00x5 Cleveland wheel assemblies Part # 40-78A. They are complete with brake discs, thru bolts, seals & bearings. Manufacture date 8-82 and stored in my air conditioned shop the last 15 years. Brake discs have a few small areas of light surface rust that will clean up easily with scotchbrite or a couple brake applications. Photos on request. $900 shipped.

Don Broussard

RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Back