What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

912uls Floats

I don't quite understand the persistence of the question about whether they would be made to exactly match the weight of the old floats. The weight of the floats is immaterial. If the floats weigh more, it's fine -- as long as the manufacturer correctly designed them for the correct displacement and the placement of the pin. The old floats have a maximum weight based on their exact size, density, and where the pin is located. Floats made with a slightly different size, shape, material, etc. can have a different weight and still function the same.

I don't quite understand the persistence of the question about whether they would be made to exactly match the weight of the old floats. The weight of the floats is immaterial. If the floats weigh more, it's fine -- as long as the manufacturer correctly designed them for the correct displacement and the placement of the pin. The old floats have a maximum weight based on their exact size, density, and where the pin is located. Floats made with a slightly different size, shape, material, etc. can have a different weight and still function the same.

So no problem to use current production?

I have no idea. I'm still using the original floats. Maybe ask the manufacturer, which inexplicably no one seems to have done. I'm sure they could answer the question.

Back