What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about forward end of fuel line F-12127A in Section 27iS page 7

subpar_bucker

Well Known Member
Is anyone else having trouble aligning the tube with the bypass fitting assembly? I realized after cutting and flaring that I did not bend the tubing forward of the bulkhead in order to align it squarely with the bypass fitting :(

Here's a picture that (hopefully) illustrates the issue. I haven't tried posting a picture prior so apologies if this doesn't work. I can get the nut to reach its mating portion of the bypass fitting but it just doesn't want to thread. I wasn't very aggressive with the amount of force I applied - looking for advice on whether this should go together or if I need to redo this line.

EpGh7PEXFyFF8Xkd7

Here's the link to the picture if the image embed isn't working: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EpGh7PEXFyFF8Xkd7

elbow grease

I would try a little elbow grease to get it to align correctly. It's okay to slightly put a bent here, see my photo for alignment.

ovN.jpg

I would try a little elbow grease to get it to align correctly. It's okay to slightly put a bent here, see my photo for alignment.

ovN.jpg

I?m lost as to how you guys got that fuel line fitted through there without bending the **** out of it. Especially after the instructions have you make the 89 degree bend and flare at the aft end. I?ve tried fishing it through from the back and also through the access hole in the belly skin below the tank. It looks like I need to put the 89 degree bend in last if possible. I may need to call Van?s. There?s got to be an easier way that I?m not seeing.

Back