What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on finish kit deletions and addons -7A

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Hello everyone, it's that time, time to order the finish kit. What are the common deleted items and addons that you did or wish you did? I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am planning on going with the Lycoming M1B engine that Van's sells and Hartzell prop combo. I'll also be planning for the standard cowl (not Sam James). Standard brakes as well unless someone can really sell me on the price difference of the Beringer kits.

The only addons I can think of are the hinges for wingtips.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Canopy

Hello everyone, it's that time, time to order the finish kit. What are the common deleted items and addons that you did or wish you did? I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am planning on going with the Lycoming M1B engine that Van's sells and Hartzell prop combo. I'll also be planning for the standard cowl (not Sam James). Standard brakes as well unless someone can really sell me on the price difference of the Beringer kits.

The only addons I can think of are the hinges for wingtips.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Jeremy
I didn't change much on the Finishing kit. Same engine and prop choice. Vans cowl.
Deleted brakes because I bought the Beringer kit. We can discuss it if you like.
No powder coat on any of the canopy weldments. I want them powder coated my color instead of adding a layer or sand basting the white off.
Substituted SC-15 canopy. UV rating is much higher and only a slight tint.

Jeremy
I didn't change much on the Finishing kit. Same engine and prop choice. Vans cowl.
Deleted brakes because I bought the Beringer kit. We can discuss it if you like.
No powder coat on any of the canopy weldments. I want them powder coated my color instead of adding a layer or sand basting the white off.
Substituted SC-15 canopy. UV rating is much higher and only a slight tint.

Thanks Larry, I remember hearing a lot of people substitute the SC-15 but I didn't know how much tint it would be. Sounds like it's not bad at all.

Back