What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

maybe moving to Corvallis, Albany, McMiniville

mill2978

Well Known Member
We are considering moving to OR, the target area is 45-90min away from PDX by car.

We live at an airport community now and are interested in a place with a few acres if possible. Are there any airport communities in that area besides Independence? How is hangar availability in the area? I've got an RV8 so I don't need anything huge and would be all for sharing a hangar.

We'll be there scouting the area Thursday-Sunday next week. Any suggestions of places to look at or avoid? I've been somewhat cautioned against Salem as it has a higher crime issue than the surrounding area.

Thanks

Aaron

Other nearby considerations

There is also Lebanon, OR with a nice airport (about 8 miles east of Albany) to consider. Also there are properties in the Stayton, OR area that have acreage and possible access to private airstrips.

I live at Independence Airpark.

JT

Independence airpark in Independence.

Over 200 houses, great people, one of the most active EAAchapters in the country on the field with a big hanger and meeting room, over 60 flying RVs on the field, a public airport, what the FAA reluctantly calls the best Thru the Fence arrangement, annual fees for airport access $210/ year.

Some vacant lots and a couple of houses on the market

What do you think about more private grass?
Workman OR41
Sunset 1OR3
If you were lucky to find a home for sale...last I heard there was one on Workman...

If you want to consider something closer to Portland and across the river in Washington State, Parkside Airpark has two homes for sale currently. This is very unusual to have any homes for sale here, let alone two.
It is a very nice airpark with 2-3 acre lots, paved 2100? strip, parallel grass strip, and green spaces. 30 minutes to PDX.

Thanks all!

We've added those places to our tour. I had completely missed Parkside.

I'm currently VFR, IFR is in the plans, and likely moving up in priority given the weather in the area.

Is there a good way to estimate flyable VFR days? I assume there is a difference between WA and Lebanon OR and not every cloudy day is an IFR day.

Aaron

Back