What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X - Electronic Check List

backcountry

Well Known Member
Has anyone configured the RV-12 electronic check list for the G3X?

This is accomplished by down loading the Aviation Checklist Editor from the Garmin website. It requires building the checklist on a computer & putting it on a SD card which is installed in the G3X.

If anyone has done this and don't mind sharing it I would appreciate it.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

I have a check list on my 796, I'm sure it's either similar or the same. I used the same program to build the check list at home on my laptop then took it to the plane on an SD card. You have to leave the SD card in if you want the checklist.
I can snap some pics if anyone is interested in what it looks like on the screen.

I setup the RV12 checklist using the editor and have it available on the G3x it was pretty simple. Happy to share it.

All you need to do is put that file into the "garmin" folder on your SD that you use in your display and it will be made available.

Ok I have the check list written and edited how I want it but I can't get it to go onto my G3X. I guess I need step by step detailed instructions than just put it on a SD card and install it. It doesn't work. The G3X doesn't even acknowledge it.

I have my checklist “N975G_Checklist.ace” file, saved to the root folder of my SD card, which I keep in the PFD. On startup, the G3X reads the file and makes it available for the checklist tab. Works well for me.

Assuming you have saved the .ace file from the checklist editor, just save it in the root folder of a compatible SD card and insert into the G3X. When started up, the G3X will have a checklist screen available.

Last edited:
Sample electronic checklist for rv-9a

I wanted to put all my checklists on my G3x. The Garmin text editor is a refuge of the 1980's - really tedious.

I stuck it out and put all my checklists in (preflight, post flight, cruise, emergency, Vspeeds, Light Signals, etc.).

Most of the lists would be generic to any RV. I am not recommending anyone use these checklists and anyone who would would need to verify their validity for their usage. However, I am offering other RV guys with Garmin avionics a starting point to avoid a lot of keypunch.

Here's a link to the .ace file.

https://spaces.hightail.com/space/YwhMZXd9Jw

Good luck

Checklist editor needed to load .ace file

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5075

I posted those checklists earlier. In order to download them (and upload them to your G3x, you need to go to the link above, and download the Version 2.3 of the Garmin Checklist Editor. This is a really primitive text editor.

Once you have the checklist editor you will be able to open the linked checklist file. After reviewing the checklists and making sure they work for you, you can save them, using the checklist editor to an SD card.

If you put the SD card into your G3x at boot-up, it will read the files and upload the checklists.

Back