What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old newbie

rjmurphy1

I'm New Here
Ive owned an empanage anod wing kit for "years". Life got in the way. Last builder log entry was 9/11/01- I had finally found time to get started. Well the next 12 years were a little busy, multiple deployments. Now retired, relocated want to try again. BUT, do I need to get fresh rivets? Will my sheet metal parts still be ok to use? Do I throw it all in the trash and start with a new kit. Bought and viewed the updated Orndorf build videos but have lots of questions. Thanks. Rick

I bought my tail kit in 2001 (I think; it was long ago). The rivets are still working fine on new parts. And the rivets I got with a Mustang II project back in 1990 (they were probably 20 years old when I bought the project) are still good, too.

The sheet metal is either good, or it's not. But age isn't really a factor; just whether it's corroded badly, or beat up due to handling rash over the years.

Welcome back to building, and don't worry about the delays. We all have them. My -7 will fly on Tuesday. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Charlie

Back