What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting behind instrument panel

iamtheari

Well Known Member
I'm at the point where the instrument panel frame gets riveted to the fuselage, and I'm debating what to do as far as paint behind it goes. The first bay is of course visible when the canopy is open. I could leave it in primer (smoke gray), paint it interior color (a creamy gray for vintage Ford tractors), or paint it black. How did you do yours, and would you do it the same way a second time?

White

I?m in the paint it white camp since it?s a far brighter area to work in if you ever have to crawl under to there to fix or add any equipment, mind you I?m working on my second slider project, witch are considerably more enclosed!

I'm at the point where the instrument panel frame gets riveted to the fuselage, and I'm debating what to do as far as paint behind it goes. The first bay is of course visible when the canopy is open. I could leave it in primer (smoke gray), paint it interior color (a creamy gray for vintage Ford tractors), or paint it black. How did you do yours, and would you do it the same way a second time?

Mine is painted same color as interior (grey) for simplicity. Would do same way next time.

I primed then painted all of that upper forward fuselage structure black and I like it. Would do it again. The fuselage interior is a different color, I call it a light gray.

Instrument Panel Cover

I did ask Abby about an instrument panel cover for the 14 and she said it was not possible due to the demisting fans in the glareshield.

Back