What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear leg bolts

RepmikeBrown

Well Known Member
I'm putting my gears on and have a package of gear leg hardware that has two .308 shoulder bolts. I'm assuming these are for the gear leg. They seem to be about 1/4 short and I'm having a tough time getting them into the holes that are "aligned". I didn't ream the gear leg out, if I missed that step someone let me know. If I'm using wrong hardware please advise.
Thanks Mike

I'm putting my gears on and have a package of gear leg hardware that has two .308 shoulder bolts. I'm assuming these are for the gear leg. They seem to be about 1/4 short and I'm having a tough time getting them into the holes that are "aligned". I didn't ream the gear leg out, if I missed that step someone let me know. If I'm using wrong hardware please advise.
Thanks Mike

If it's like the -6, then the shoulder bolts are used to hold the brake flange on at the wheel end.

The upper bolts at the engine mount end are called out as AN5-21A.

Bingo

Gil,
Thanks for the kick- always go back to the plans.
Right parts fit in right places. I had 2shoulder bolts left over after doing the wheel brackets
Thanks again
Mike

Back