What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Higher Power Door Sheeting

ERushing

Well Known Member
Good Morning,

At Sun n Fun, I placed my order for a Higher Power Door to finish off our hangar. I'm researching options for sheeting the door. At this point I'm leaning towards steel PBR with horizontal seams. The hangar is pole barn construction with Hardieplank siding.

Any inputs on what you used to sheet your Higher Power Door? Pictures would be a bonus!

Thanks!

Good Morning,

At Sun n Fun, I placed my order for a Higher Power Door to finish off our hangar. I'm researching options for sheeting the door. At this point I'm leaning towards steel PBR with horizontal seams. The hangar is pole barn construction with Hardieplank siding.

Any inputs on what you used to sheet your Higher Power Door? Pictures would be a bonus!

Thanks!

If insulation is not an issue, you could go with a smoked grey Lexan roofing material, just like the Horton Stackdoors.

Tough as **** and will let some light inside the hangar when the door is closed. Best if the door is not facing S or W though...

How it looks as a stackdoor -

horton-stack-door.jpg

Home Depot sells Sun Tuf brand. I put white on my single swing door about 25 years ago and it's still in great shape. My door faces ENE. It still provides good shade when open.

Charlie

I put in my order with them at sun n fun also. I'm guessing out doors will be shipped together. I was just going to go with the standard corrugated metal siding then foam insulation. And put in a few windows.

Back