What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs in Tampa?

My wife and I got to sit in an RV-10 last week at Sun n Fun and a member here (Thanks Frank!) let my wife and I hang out with him and chat about the RV-10 while he was here for the airshow.

After this I'm very confident this is the airplane I want to build and my wife was thoroughly impressed as well which is a big change from "You want to build an airplane?!?" to a more "That was a nice plane! Tell me more."

So I'm wondering if there are any RV owners in the Tampa Bay Area that would be willing to take me for a ride? (in particular an RV-10 but I'm not picky). I'd be happy to pay for the fuel or buy a lunch for you in return.

Thanks,
-Adam

There's an RV owner at Tampa Exec who has a beautiful RV-10 that he's looking for a partner in. He had an ad here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful! Could be expensive --

I gave rides to two folks, already this year ---- they both went out and bought RVs (6A and 7A) ----- would be happy to give you some time in my -6A, based at Clearwater Airpark.

I did co-build an RV-10, and flew it about 4 years before it was sold. - The -10 is a perfect, comfortable, cross-country airplane --- the two-seaters are sports cars and a bunch of fun and can provide fast cross country for two people.

Ron
[email protected]

I gave rides to two folks, already this year ---- they both went out and bought RVs (6A and 7A) ----- would be happy to give you some time in my -6A, based at Clearwater Airpark.

I did co-build an RV-10, and flew it about 4 years before it was sold. - The -10 is a perfect, comfortable, cross-country airplane --- the two-seaters are sports cars and a bunch of fun and can provide fast cross country for two people.

Ron
[email protected]

Ron,

I'm over in Clearwater all the time because of family in Palm Harbor and St. Pete so I will definitely try and work something out to meet with you.

Well aware of how expensive of a ride it could actually turn out to be. haha

Just wanted to post a public thank you to Ron!

He took me up this morning in his RV-6 and then we sat and talked for a little while.

RV Alley at CLW seems like a great place and maybe I'll join you there in a couple years with an RV-10.

I know many people warn about the RV grin and it's true. The performance is one thing but the part of the plane that's so amazing to me is the controls. They are just so light and so crisp it's amazing. You think about moving them more than actually moving them and the plane just goes where you want it to.

Thanks Ron!

Just wanted to post a public thank you to Ron!

He took me up this morning in his RV-6 and then we sat and talked for a little while.

RV Alley at CLW seems like a great place and maybe I'll join you there in a couple years with an RV-10.

I know many people warn about the RV grin and it's true. The performance is one thing but the part of the plane that's so amazing to me is the controls. They are just so light and so crisp it's amazing. You think about moving them more than actually moving them and the plane just goes where you want it to.

Thanks Ron!

Put your name on the hangar list now - I've been waiting 4 years so far!

Chris

Visit us at ZPH

A couple of us will be at ZPH on Sat morning if you're interested in driving up early. I'll be working on installing new Xpndr and doing a few laps around the patch later.
I'm in hangar 4, unit 8. Facing runway on the main ramp. Hanger next door neighbor and I both flying RV9A's.

Chris (Yellowjacket RV9) signs that he is based at ZPH but remains elusive. One of these days he'll come out of hiding.

A couple of us will be at ZPH on Sat morning if you're interested in driving up early. I'll be working on installing new Xpndr and doing a few laps around the patch later.
I'm in hangar 4, unit 8. Facing runway on the main ramp. Hanger next door neighbor and I both flying RV9A's.

Chris (Yellowjacket RV9) signs that he is based at ZPH but remains elusive. One of these days he'll come out of hiding.

I'll be there tomorrow by 10ish. A rare Saturday with no work and the wife out of town. Will be tinkering and flying I'm sure. Hangar 10 unit 1, far west row of hangars.

Chris

I'll be there tomorrow by 10ish. A rare Saturday with no work and the wife out of town. Will be tinkering and flying I'm sure. Hangar 10 unit 1, far west row of hangars.

Chris

Tomorrow I have a mock checkride scheduled with my school's lead instructor so I'll have to pass for that day. I have seen a number of RV owners fly out of ZPH. I'll have to ask you guys some more questions about it when I start looking for hangar spaces.

VDF is closer to me but ZPH isn't too far.

Checkride at VDF?

Tomorrow I have a mock checkride scheduled with my school's lead instructor so I'll have to pass for that day. I have seen a number of RV owners fly out of ZPH. I'll have to ask you guys some more questions about it when I start looking for hangar spaces.

VDF is closer to me but ZPH isn't too far.
Checkride at VDF??
Chuck is a close friend of mine
I'll be looking for Chris

Good Luck with Checkride

No. I'm training out of TPF but I know Chuck from my written exam at VDF.

Flying with Dave tomorrow.

And look forward to meeting you.
I'm usually at ZPH on Saturday mornings along with hangar neighbor George. Sometimes Sunday.
Check your PM's for a note.

Back