What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm doing it...

rongawer

Well Known Member
Now that the -12 is flying and doing well, my wife commented, "where are the grandkids going to sit?". It was one of those moments where I wanted to say "I thought we talked about this about 4 years ago", but after over 3 decades of marriage, I'm learning. Later in the afternoon, with her encouragement and support, I placed an order for an RV10 empennage. I'm doing it again, or rather "we're going to build an RV-10 together".

Ooh Rah.

that's great, I wish I had it to build my own,but I'll follow along on your build.

regards
-Marc

LOL my co-builder and fiance also requested that if there is a next project it be a 10 for the exact same reasons. Nice, I see where this trend is going, a little bait and switch by Vans: Oh, come on in, the water is fine, here, buy this less expensive kit, you don't have to look at that 10 ... yet ...

Congrats Ron. With a bun in the oven I'll be right behind you in a couple of years.

ANYTIME the spousal unit makes noises that even vaguely sound like it could lead to another airplane, you just shut up, nod your head, and proceed.

Some times it works the other way also. With all the potty training done and behind us, I made a comment the other day to my wife about building a -10. She said "Oh, no - you get another airplane, and I want another kid."

Full stop! :rolleyes:

Living the dream

Nice, I see where this trend is going, a little bait and switch by Vans: Oh, come on in, the water is fine, here, buy this less expensive kit, you don't have to look at that 10 ... yet ...

Now THAT's funny.

ANYTIME the spousal unit makes noises that even vaguely sound like it could lead to another airplane, you just shut up, nod your head, and proceed.

Some times it works the other way also. With all the potty training done and behind us, I made a comment the other day to my wife about building a -10. She said "Oh, no - you get another airplane, and I want another kid."

Full stop! :rolleyes:

That would be a full stop for me as well. I've got five of those units off making productive lives of their own now; happily SWMBO is no longer desiring or capable since the factory shutdown.

She actually brought up building the 10 over coffee yesterday morning. I'm living the dream. Yeah Bob, I do need a hobby. Ha.

Last edited:
Back