What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SEATBELT - WTB Crotch Strap / 5th point

NateZ

Anybody happen to have a crotch strap they aren't using and are willing to part with? Grey in color would be ideal but I don't really care. My airplane has 4pt harnesses (the ones Vans sells) and I want to install the crotch without buying a whole new set if I can. Can't just buy the crotch strap by itself...

No one? Kinda thought there had to be someone out there who didn't end up using the crotch strap for whatever reason?

A point to consider. Many of the 4 point belt sets sold by Vans will not allow the attachment of the 3rd metal end without modification of the seat belt latch. The latch is to narrow for all three pieces to fit across it. The 5 point sets are different in that respect. This might not be true for every belt set but holds true for all of the 4 points I'v seen.

I have a pair of them...

I found them uncomfortable on long flights. Be happy to send them to you. I'm on the road, but I'll post a picture next time I'm at the hanger.

Back