What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

pmag manifold pressure tees

rv8ch

Well Known Member
Patron
I ordered lots of different Ts (tees?) to try to find something good for the manifold pressure tubes, and finally found some that I think are excellent.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/251886532058

s-l1600.jpg

Yowza! I just got a blister pack of plastic tees from the local NAPA auto parts. We are not worthy!

I started with a small brass from the hardware store but eventually went back to plastic over concerns of vibration causing the tee to wiggle and break the tubing.

I ended up milling and turning a Tee as I had already mounted the original sensor block. So now I go from the primer port on Cyl. #3 with the original hose vans sends with the FF Kit to a bracket which supports the bulkhead fitting. From ther with 1/4 tubing to my new tee and then to the sensor block. In the Pictures the last piece of tubing is not yet finished and will get a relief bend.

20gb961.jpg

2ly6800.jpg

25u1rub.jpg

Yves -

How are you going to set the timing? We have discovered it best to blow in the MAP line above the Tee, so it sets them both with the same puff of air I am not sure why but customers who have flown with the EICommander will often get Timing Divergence Alarms when they are set one at a time.

Last edited:
For my installation, I used a Tee for drop irrigation tubing. 10 years later it is still holding up.

Back