What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Netherlands: Texel Fly-Inn Cinema

Gagarin737

Well Known Member
This weekend we had a fly-inn at the island of Texel. The first Fly-Inn Cinema at Texel Airport! The most friendly green airport in Europe and always sunny (according Ed the airport chief).
Arrived saturday with my son in the RV-12. My wife and daughter took the car. After a perfect day at the beach we went back to the airport and taxied the plane to the screen. After sunset and the American buffet at the airport restaurant the movie started at 22.15LT. TOP GUN! ;-)
Perfect sound with the wireless headsets.
My wife and daughter occupied the RV-12. I had to sit outside (time to build a RV-10?), anyway the beer stayed cold. Camped next to the RV-12. Perfect weekend!
Special thanks to Ed and Mike de Bruijn for their hospitality and the perfect organization of this event.

BTW the blue aircraft D-IBFW is a Messerschmitt 108 Taifun with an Argus V8 240Hp. Built in 1937!

Youtube!

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

Last edited:
yep, that was quite weird ...

... so I just HAD to go. The -3 landed in at Texel after just one hour and we all had a good time.

And: the nice folks in the front row had some pop corn, too.

Still a very Dutch (but great) idea ...

Heinz

Hi Heinz,

Your -3 looks great!
What will be the German touch at the M?nster RV fly-in?
Hopefully I can make it the end of may.

Joeri.

Now that's excellent!! Some of my best childhood memories were from going to the *drive-in* movies. Thought this was a mid-20th century US thing. Good to see the tradition alive and blended over to airplanes!

Looks like great fun.

Haven't heard of anyone doing one of these here in the States but maybe soon.

Glenn Wilkinson

Beautiful Texel...
Me and my wife loved this place!
I've been there a couple years ago by car and promised myself to come back with my -4.

Love that THREE!

... so I just HAD to go. The -3 landed in at Texel after just one hour and we all had a good time.

And: the nice folks in the front row had some pop corn, too.

Still a very Dutch (but great) idea ...

Heinz

Wie Gehts Heinz!
Memories...
Seeing your pics was another great flashback for me, over my house flying it's last US flight before shipping it to Deutchland....Thanks for sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkhwVsN4MU

Tcheus!
Smokey

Last edited:
Back