What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

C-01426 Canopy Latch Pin

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Hey guys, is the C-01426 Canopy Latch Pin supposed to be flush when retracted or does it protrude a bit? By the book, mine sticks out about 1/4.

The very tip does stick out a little bit but not a 1/4". It certainly does not touch the canopy blocks.

ip8tqf.jpg

Approx. 1/32"

Just approximate it for now, then when the canopy is installed, make the final adjustment to just clear the plastic blocks on the canopy frame when closing, then adjust the micro-switch to trigger the warning

My pins look just like the one in the Keith Brown photo, the tip is shaved off to an approx 1/16" blunt end - that's how they came.

When my canopy latch pulls the pins in, the end of the pins are recessed behind the plate about 0.25 mm.

The only thought I have is that your C-01430 Latch Bellcranks are installed upsid'zy down.

Another thought today after looking again > More probable, the adjustment of the rod end bushings each end of the torque tube between the canopy latch handle and the bell crank that operates the pins.

o3B.jpg

Last edited:
Back