What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area monthly lunch (August 2019)

N546RV

Well Known Member
The third weekend is upon us again, and Weiser is still open, so it's time to pay another visit to Carl's. 11:30 this Saturday (17th), Carl's BBQ at EYQ. See you all there!

As a bonus, anyone who shows up this weekend can have the rare joy of hearing me talk about building tasks in the present tense...

Hope to take you up on this lunch soon. My aircraft just passed its airworthiness inspection. Is Weiser potentially closing? You post sounded a little cryptic.

Is Weiser potentially closing? You post sounded a little cryptic.

Yup. The airport went up on then market late last year, and it's currently under contract. Barring any strange things happening, the deal is almost certain to go through, which means the airport is going to close. The only question is when it'll happen. Best info I've heard from insiders is that it'll probably be around the end of this year.

Lots of tenants have already moved their aircraft elsewhere. The writing's pretty clearly on the wall, unfortunately.

Hope to see you there one day, I'm always happy to see some new faces at the lunches.

Back