What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Atlanta, GA

BillsFanGA

I'm New Here
Hello All, I hope everyone is doing well.

Typical story hear, love flying, got my license, but then had a family and I haven't flown in about 15 years. I am dying to get back into it and the thought of building my own plane is daunting and super exciting at the same time.

I was looking to connect with any RV builders in the Atlanta area to learn more about them, their planes and the community in general.

So who is around? Where do you fly out of? What are you building or have built?

I look forward to meeting you all.
Chris

There are a bunch of builders in the Atlanta area. Falcon Field (Peachtree City) has the largest concentration of finished aircraft, possibly followed by Lawrenceville. I live in Marietta but the airplane is based in Cartersville with several other RV's. There are a handful of RV's at McCollum as well.

It might be good to provide a few more specifics about your location.

If the thought of building is daunting (and it was for me), you might want to check out synergyair.com

I built my RV-7A with their assistance out in Eugene, OR a couple of years ago and am building my RV-10 with them now in their Southeast U.S. location at Newnan, GA (KCCO).

They have a number of RV's of various models under construction right now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply's guys. I live ITP near riverside (exit 15 off 285). I will have to check out Falcon Field. Do you guys know of any meetups or builder classes in the area. I have no problems driving and I am super excited to meet others in the community.

Hello All, I hope everyone is doing well.

Typical story hear, love flying, got my license, but then had a family and I haven't flown in about 15 years. I am dying to get back into it and the thought of building my own plane is daunting and super exciting at the same time.

I was looking to connect with any RV builders in the Atlanta area to learn more about them, their planes and the community in general.

So who is around? Where do you fly out of? What are you building or have built?

I look forward to meeting you all.
Chris

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. Except I hadn't flown in 20 years. At first I thought I might want to fly local/VFR only and bought an RV-12. After a few months and 65 hours, I realized that I wanted to fully get back into aviation and bought a Bonanza. Flew it for 160 hours but the costs and challenges of flying an older airplane with retractable gear made me decide to to build an RV - I wanted lower costs of ownership, better avionics etc. So I built an RV-14A.

It's been a great journey. One of the best parts of the RV world is this forum and the knowledge and expertise found here. I also connected early on with one of the best experts there is - Vic Syracuse - who also happens to be based in the Atlanta area. He owns a business at KFFC (Falcon Field), Base Leg Aviation where he works primarily on RV and other experimental/homebuilts and does pre-buy inspections, condition inspections, etc. He also was my EAA tech counselor and FAA DAR (designated airworthiness representative). He's a busy guy but a great resource in our community and frequently shares on this forum.

Other great resources can be found on blogs/YouTube/FaceBook. I follow a number of builders and owners this way and used these resources extensively during my build.

Last edited:
Peachtree City weekly RV luncheon

You (and everyone else) is invited to our weekly pizza luncheon at Mellow Mushroom on highway 74 in Peachtree City every Tuesday at 11:30

Attendance varies from 5-25 depending on work schedules,etc

We have over 50 flying RVs at Falcon Field. Many more are under construction.
Come see us!

Back