What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Texas pilots, experience with Van's orders?

Pilot135pd

Well Known Member
Anyone know how long it typically takes to get an order from Van's? I'm not talking airplane kit or anything that has to built. I found out last weekend that my plane is missing those 12 bolts in the fuse that was prevalent with QB kits (even though mine isn't a QB) so I wanted to order the bolts, washers and nuts from Van's. When I called Van's they said they couldn't guarantee I'd have them by the weekend (one week later) so I just ordered an o-ring and a flash drive with the RV-8 plans (all fits in an envelope).

I ordered it on Monday and today 4 days later it still hasn't even shipped. I called to confirm they got my order and they said yes. As a comparison I placed the bolts & nuts order (plus oil, CO detector, and a whole mess of other things) on Aircraft Spruce the following day (Tuesday) and it already arrived today (2 days later) with free shipping. Is this normal for Van's?

Not normal, Vans ships the same day usually (unless something has changed recently).

When you asked them why your order was taking so long what did they say?

Not normal, Vans ships the same day usually (unless something has changed recently).

When you asked them why your order was taking so long what did they say?

Mrs. Duffin said they sent it to shipping but to me it seems like it must have died there. Good thing I didn't order the bolts from them or I'd still be grounded.

I ordered some fuel hose from Vans earlier this week, they emailed back and said they were out of stock for 2-3 weeks - but they notified me of that condition almost immediately.

Usually I get orders from Vans in 4-5 business days, they are normally very good about it.

Call them back and ask them "why" it hasn't shipped yet, there has to be a reason, probably back ordered or perhaps it fell between two desks but somebody knows ...

Thanks for that link. So it seems like it takes at least a week for normal orders to go out as per that link :

"The following business day we start filling and packing the orders.
We try to get the orders packaged, and shipped out within 3 business days.
Shipping within 3 business days after receiving your order is our goal,
but it is not a guarantee.

Please remember that your order may not ship until 3 business days after
we have processed your web order. This means that your order may not appear
on the list until the end of the 4th business day
."

Call them back and ask them "why" it hasn't shipped yet, there has to be a reason, probably back ordered or perhaps it fell between two desks but somebody knows ...

She told me the o-ring and the flash drive were both in stock ( a $1 gascolator gasket and the plans on a flash drive). I'll just wait another day, neither of those will keep me grounded this weekend and calling just takes that employee away from other callers who might be more rushed and need to talk with them.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get an order from Van's?

This is a similar problem I have only recently. I needed to call Vans to follow up because things didn't get shipped. I hope this is just a momentary glitch because everything got shipped quickly in the last 2 years.

This is a similar problem I have only recently. I needed to call Vans to follow up because things didn't get shipped. I hope this is just a momentary glitch because everything got shipped quickly in the last 2 years.

At least now I know it?s not just me:D

I always choose UPS 2 or 3 day service, almost always ships out the next day.

You must have someone on the inside over there. Doesn’t really matter if I had asked for same day Prime delivery or by an airline counter to counter service, if they haven’t shipped it yet it can’t arrive quicker by asking for UPS and nothing happens until it goes out their door.

Back