What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Fluid Fitting Clocking. 31-05 / 31-11

EXTAAFLY

Well Known Member
I?ve done a few searches and scanned down about 5 pages. No luck finding what I?m looking for.

Installing the firewall fuel fitting. On page 31-05 it says to install the fitting with tank sealant on the flange and clock it at approximately 25 degrees from horizontal. Then on page 31-11 it has you adjust the clocking to 40 degrees from the vertical tri gear) when installing the F14109C Pump-Firewall fuel line.

Pretty limited in my ?tank sealant? knowledge base. If it?s installed and clocked the way it is called for on 31-05 is it going to be able to adjust to the call out on 31-11? Seems to me the sealant on that flange would keep it in place and prevent movement. Should I just install it the way it is called for in its final clocking position?

You may want to consider just putting it on finger tight until you get your engine hung. Then you can clock it the way you like with the fuel line to the fuel pump in place.

Back